-->
Welcome to my blog about Live Magic, a Vivacity 20 yacht based on the south coast of England. Here I will update on trips, maintenance and any projects being undertaken.

Monday 23 May 2011

Sailing

I picked up the sail on Friday as planned in Poole from Crusader Sails who could not have been nicer if they tried. I had a brief tour of the factory and some advice before heading back to the boat.

Once the sail was fitted I took her out for a spin. Unfortunately the wind was a bit strong and I still have no reefing on the main so I was under head sail alone. I put the whole genoa out and had a great time doing 4.5 knots, very nearly the boats top speed.

The following day I took the boat out with my dad and anchored at the entrance to Chichester harbour in beautiful sunshine. We then sailed to Northney Marina and had an excelent steak at the Royal Oak. Sunday we waited for the tide and motored back in a F7 to Emsworth marina. Unfortunately I broke the guard wire which was rusted internally so I now have something else on the list to replace!

No comments:

Post a Comment